Leasing Associate Position
About the Employer
Established in 1979, GRACO Real Estate Development, Inc. is a full-service commercial real estate company. Primarily a developer of new commercial projects, GRACO is also active in contract leasing, property management, construction management, and brokerage.
GRACO has developed facilities for: Nike, Costco, Cabela's, United/Albertson’s Supermarkets, Wal-Mart Stores, Home Depot, Cinemark Theatres, Barnes & Noble, Pier 1 Imports, Talbots, Chico’s, Covenant Health Systems, Bed Bath & Beyond/World Market, Plains Capital Bank, Vista Bank, Prosperity Bank, BJ's Brewhouse, Vera Bradley, Chuy's, Starbuck’s, Chico’s, Gap, Inc., PF Chang’s, Duluth Trading, and many more. Projects for these users make up a large part of the $300,000,000 in commercial real estate GRACO has developed throughout the region.
GRACO Real Estate Development is looking to add a Leasing Associate to its Leasing Department. The role will focus on sourcing new tenants as well as maintaining relationships with existing tenants. This position will have a competitive base salary with commission potential.
• Cultivates new, and maintains existing, relationships with local, regional, and national tenants.
• Develops and executes creative and aggressive leasing strategies which may include new leases, renewals, lease amendments, and other related documents.
• Proactively looks for new tenants to fill vacant spaces by cold calling, warm calling, eblasts, mailings, and in-person canvassing.
• Qualifies potential tenants by reviewing their financial statements, credit report, and checking references.
• Negotiates letters of intent and subsequent lease documents to conform to the parameters outlined by management including, but not limited to, base rent, term, additional charges, and allowances. Keeps immediate supervisor updated as to all activities.
• Communicates and coordinates with Construction and Property Management Departments.
• Communicates and coordinates with in-house legal advisors and outside counsel to have all pertinent legal documents prepared and reviewed.
• Reviews industry publications as well as local market publications for information on the retail/shopping center industry as well as local market intelligence.
• Attends leasing conventions and other industry events, as well as joins local networking groups.
• Prepares center-by-center annual leasing projections for review and approval by Management as well as leasing and merchandising plans.
• Can work well in a team environment, but is also capable of working independently without direct supervision. Must have excellent leadership qualities.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• CCIM a plus, but not required
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in commercial real estate, preferably in a position that requires deal negotiations. Must have a solid understanding of financial analysis, in addition to Microsoft Office applications.
• This candidate must also be a proven leader, self-starter, possesses strong interpersonal communication, organizational and analytical skills, as well as is creative and a strong deal closer.
If interested, email cover letter and resume to Aaron Cannon at firstname.lastname@example.org